After you have been accepted by your insurer as a participant in the Scheme, the NIISQ Agency will pay for necessary and reasonable treatment, care and support related to your workplace accident injuries, for your lifetime if you are accepted as a lifetime participant, and the first two years if you are accepted as an interim participant.
If you are an interim participant, towards the end of those two years you will be assessed to see if you are eligible to become a lifetime participant.
You will likely still be in hospital when your insurer or employer engage the NIISQ Agency to manage your treatment, care and support under the Scheme on their behalf. The Agency will assign you a support planner who will be your main point of contact at the Agency.
While you are in hospital, your support planner may:
- make contact with you or your treating team and discuss our services and the support the Agency provides
- regularly contact you and your hospital team to monitor your progress
- work with you and your hospital treatment providers to plan for your return home
- coordinate, approve and pay for injury-related services (e.g. equipment, home or work modifications, rehabilitation or attendant care) required when you return home
- help develop your support plan to assist you live at home, return to work, participate in your community (e.g. rehabilitation, attendant care, equipment and home and work modifications).
Your support planner will then work with you to ensure you receive the treatment, care and support your require.
If your needs change over time, your support planner will work with you to determine any changes required to your treatment, care and support.