Through research and education, the NIISQ Agency is Making Lives Better.
The NIISQ Agency is building relationships to enable effective research and innovative practice opportunities. Under the research and education initiative, the NIISQ Agency is:
- working with stakeholders to develop research and education solutions that’ll have real benefits to participants and the Scheme
- an active partner on research and education initiatives
- building collaborations and creating knowledge sharing opportunities.
Research and Education’s priorities are to:
- improve participant injury-related health outcomes
- improve the mental health and well-being of participants
- empower participants to manage their injury
- improve access to high quality services in Queensland, including building regional frontline capability and capacity
- put innovative solutions for participants in to practice
- help increase participants’ independence and participation in the community, including employment.
Advancing Research and Education
Research and Education is driven by us, with pathways for support applications initiated by the NIISQ Agency. We connect with stakeholders to make sure we know about research and education developments relevant to the treatment, care and support of NIISQ participants and can identify ways we can work with others. As the program grows, the NIISQ Agency may reconsider other application pathways.
Our NIISQ-driven approach means research and education collaborations:
- are participant-centred, collaborative, innovative, and outcome-focused
- focus on translational research, research implementation and education projects that will deliver real benefits and practical application for NIISQ participants, the Scheme and the NIISQ Agency
- contribute to sustainable fund management and administration by focusing on delivering benefits to NIISQ participants, the Scheme and the NIISQ Agency
- align to the research and education priorities, as well as any specific priorities and needs of the NIISQ Agency
- seek opportunities to work with others, including project co-design and partnership, governance committee representation, project funding, knowledge sharing, internal quality research projects and sponsorships.
The NIISQ research and education initiative allows the NIISQ Agency to fulfil a key objective of its Strategic Plan 2020-2024 – partner with service providers and other stakeholders to facilitate better outcomes for participants and their families.
The initiative is in accordance with the National Injury Insurance Scheme (Queensland) Act 2016, which enables the NIISQ Agency to:
- provide support and funding for programs, research and education relevant to the treatment, care and support of participants in the Scheme
- conduct research and collect statistics about the Scheme
- provide information to the community about the Scheme.