Research and education
Through research and education, the NIISQ Agency is achieving better health and quality of life outcomes for participants.
We’re building relationships to enable effective research and innovative practice opportunities.
Under the research and education program, the NIISQ Agency is:
- working with stakeholders to develop research and education solutions that will have real benefits to participants and the Scheme
- an active partner on research and education initiatives
- building collaborations and creating knowledge-sharing opportunities.
Our research and education priorities are:
- empowering participants to manage their injury and supports
- improving participants’ independence and community participation, including return to work
- improving retrieval and trauma management for people with a traumatic brain injury (TBI) and spinal cord injury (SCI)
- facilitating access to best practice treatment, care and support across Queensland
- translating technology into best practice to improve participant outcomes
Advancing research and education
Our research and education program is driven by us, with pathways for support applications initiated by the NIISQ Agency. We connect with stakeholders to make sure we know about research and education developments relevant to the treatment, care and support of NIISQ participants and can identify ways we can work with others. As the program grows, the NIISQ Agency may reconsider other application pathways.
Our NIISQ-driven approach means research and education collaborations:
- are participant-centred, collaborative, innovative, and outcome-focused
- focus on translational research, research implementation and education projects that will deliver real benefits and practical application for NIISQ participants, the Scheme and the NIISQ Agency
- contribute to sustainable fund management and administration by focusing on delivering benefits to NIISQ participants, the Scheme and the NIISQ Agency
- align to the research and education priorities, as well as any specific priorities and needs of the NIISQ Agency
- seek opportunities to work with others, including project co-design and partnership, governance committee representation, project funding, knowledge sharing, internal quality research projects and sponsorships.
The NIISQ research and education initiative underpins how the NIISQ Agency fulfils a key objective of our Strategic Plan 2022-2026 to empower and lead a more aligned, advanced and effective ecosystem.
The initiative is in accordance with the National Injury Insurance Scheme (Queensland) Act 2016, which enables the NIISQ Agency to:
- provide support and funding for programs, research and education relevant to the treatment, care and support of participants in the Scheme
- conduct research and collect statistics about the Scheme
- provide information to the community about the Scheme.
Would you like to know more?
To learn more about our research and education program:
- view our current and completed projects
- contact us
Last updated: December 2022